First Aid for Schools
We will call to your school and deliver this half day course to your students or teaching staff. The course will be tailored to suit the needs of your school and the instructor will be in contact prior to the course to discuss topics you wish to have covered. Call us now for a quote.
Who should attend?
Students or teachers wishing to be able to deal with an emergency situation, before the arrival of medical aid. The course content is tailored to suit the needs of schools.
- Would You Know What To Do In An Emergency?
- Would you know what to do if a child starts to choke on lunch break? This half day course covers a range of topics tailored specifically to meet the needs of schools, to prepare participants to administer first aid care.
- Course content:
- First aid in the workplace
- Scene safety and scene management
- Respiratory emergencies
- The Choking Casualty (Adult & Child)
- Bleeding, Wounds bruises and minor injuries
- Treatment for Shock
- Altered levels of consciousness
On Completion of course participants are issued with a certificate of attendance.
All Instructors hold current certification from the Occupational First Aid Assessment Agent and are listed on their register maintained there on behalf of the Health and Safety Authority.